NigelDavvenport wrote:
> Hi, I am really sorry with these irritating questions but the three
> touches work fabulously with your update administered by SD card
> although the LSM offers to downgrade them to 7.8 despite being 8.2 LSM
> if you go to software update on Touches.  I did tick the box etc... I
> did it by downloading the Fab4 update for the SD card and plugging it
> directly into the Touches.  Which is the update file for the controller?
> I have never tried updating a controller via card before
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezeos/?  Also is
> there a way of me forcing LSM to recognise the update rather than
> wanting the touches etc... to go back to the old firmware?
>
> I am amateur to say the least.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Nigel
The firmware for the controller is the jive_8.0.1_r16844.zip

You can just press and hold the back button to ignore the updates for
now.

The firmware on sourceforge is newer than what's available via the
plugin allowing users to test the new version before it's released.

I will be updating the version available via the plugin to the same
version (8.0.1_r16844) this weekend and then the prompts to update will
stop appearing.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.