ralphy wrote:
> Based on the contributions of several forum members, including myself,
> in the 'Community Radio Firmware project thread'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?111663-Community-Build-Radio-Firmware),
> I have built updated firmware for the Radio, Touch and Controller.
>
> The only key missing feature from the original firmware is the lack of a
> native wma decoder.  If you need to decode the wma format, install the
> Play Windows Media (WMA) plugin from bpa on LMS.  Note that if you run
> LMS on Windows, wma decode support is built-in and does not require the
> plugin.
>
> I've been running various versions of the custom firmware on the one
> Radio and Touch that I own without any issues for nearly a year.
> Michael has been using my Radio and Controller firmware for a while now
> without any problems and the older community radio firmware I released
> last month, has been downloaded nearly 70 times without any issues
> reported, so it should be fairly safe for everyone to try.  That being
> said...
>
> THE FIRMWARE IS MADE AVAILABLE WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; WITHOUT EVEN THE
> IMPLIED
> WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
>
> Not all the original source code is available under the 'SqueezePlay BSD
> License'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?74049-Squeezeplay-now-under-BSD-License),
> so several features use the binary modules from the last available
> original firmware for that device.
>
> A summary of the changes and binary modules used are available in the
> '*CHANGELOG*'
> (https://ralph_irving.gitlab.io/lms-community-firmware/changelog.html)
> or by clicking the link in the plugin settings page.
>
> To simplify installation of the new firmware, Michael has created a
> plugin for LMS which redirects the firmware update check and download to
> my alternate site.
>
> It's available in the 3rd Party Plugin section of the LMS
> Settings->Plugins tab.  After installaton and an LMS restart, navigate
> to Settings->Advanced->Community Firmware for Touch/Radio/Controller and
> click the checkbox to enable the redirection.  You MUST be running LMS
> 8.0.1 or newer to install the plugin.  piCorePlayer requires LMS
> 8.0.1-1608617100 from December 22, 2020 or newer.
>
> Once enabled, it can take up to the duration set in the LMS Software
> Updates setting, which by default is 24 hours, before the firmware is
> downloaded and your device prompts with the option to install the
> update.
> You can also navigate to Settings->Advanced->Software Update to check if
> v8.0.1rxxxxx is available on the device.  You also have to have enabled
> the check for software updates for LMS to even look for new firmware.
>
> I STRONGLY suggest that you perform a Factory Reset of your devices
> [...]

Hi, I have completed the instructions above and running on the latest
update for LMS on Netgear NAS (Logitech Media Server Version: 8.2.0 -
1615827177) but none of my devices (Remotes or Touches) seem to see the
update.  I have a spare touch and factory reset it but it only offers as
far as Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754.

Hoping for any advice ;)

Many thanks,

Nigel