bpa wrote:
> As a test, I set up a clean install of LMS 8.1.2 nightly with Mixcloud.
> Didn't change any default settings. No personal auth id.  Some MP4
> tracks without issue to both DAC32 and to a Radio
>
> So FileType MPEG-4 is all default i.e. Native, faad/flac, faad/lame and
> faad.
>
> For streams that plays OK on Radio - LMS  proxies https stream without
> any need to change default settings (i.e. Filetype is unchanged,
> insecure HTTPS is unchecked !)
>
> Ones that worked OK
> https://stream.btsstream.com:8012/dcfm.aac
>
> It also seems to direct stream OK for another

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [21-04-07 10:48:32.1236] Slim::Player::Song::open (460) URL supports direct
streaming
[mixcloud://theresa-deane/ms-skyrym-sounds-03-04-2021/->mixcloudd://stream2.mixcloud.com/secure/c/m4a/64/9/9/7/3/90a7-4b3c-4930-ba14-56fe9e53907c.m4a?sig=JPjjUS_BpQRV8QB_jxOXyA]

--------------------

> However - some tracks fail. I found one track Classical/Fluidnation -
> which seemed to jam up the LMS/plugin.
> Another track (Jazz SaturdaySelects) plays at slow speed.
>
> When I tried to play the URL I tested before using "Tune-in"
> https://stream6.mixcloud.com/secure/c/m4a/64/2/6/0/6/442f-d95a-4b49-a3a1-8c1c59ed1186.m4a?sig=oP6RGk-Bo-2rKvOpYVPOTQ
>
> This cause problems with the mixcloud plugin - I'm guessing the plugin
> has hooks (maybe for metadata) and so mixcloud.com URL shouldn't be
> played via "Tune-in" or Favorites
>
> I think this means the MP4 issue is OK and the LMS 8.* is prbably OK.
> However the plugin itself may need more work to be reliable.

The URL in tune in probably did not work well, I've change that a bit as
well. Now, according to what I see, it should not be the download url
that you'd enter there, but more an URL you'd grab from
www.mixcloud.com. It's probably doable to change the regex to accept
any.
Re half-speed, it might be an issue with the fact that MixCloud seems to
use AAC SBR and not all decoder know how to read the header. As a
result, you have the core samplerate returned to the player/LMS and it's
1/2 of speed.

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3