philippe_44 wrote:
> Just for clarity, I'm happy to provide a few fixes and updates for LMS
> 8.x (make AAC/MP4 play and seek) but I will not be the maintainer.
> AFAIC, it works now and I don't think I'd do more than than. I have
> still experienced a few early playback stop and if this is because the
> mixcloud model is to download the entire file and then do local playback
> instead of streaming, this is way beyond this contribution. That would
> be a LMS general problem where we'd have to define a new base protocol
> handler I think, above HTTP(S) which would do that. Very different
> target.

Looking at what is streamed when Mixcloud is playing through a browser,
there are other formats (HLS/fMP4 & DASH) available which may provide
other streaming rather download options for an LMS plugin. So when I get
the playHLS plugin upgraded, I'll probably look at the Mixcloud plugin
as a source of test material but not as maintainer.