505 wrote:
> Current maintainer of the plug-in here. First of all, thanks to
> philippe_44, bpa, cortegedusage, and mherger for all the comments,
> investigations and the pull request.
>
> The plug-in is hosted in my GitHub. I picked it up because the original
> author made one post and disappeared after that. I try to patch it to
> keep it working. I'm in no way a perl developer, and there are many
> parts of the code I still don't understand. I do know the code itself is
> in quite a bad state. It's closely related to the SoundCloud plug-in,
> which is also constantly on the verge of breaking down. Both need a
> rewrite to simplify things.
> I actually don't use mixcloud (or SoundCloud) that much to warrant
> spending a lot of time on it. I'll still try to keep the plug-in working
> if it can be done with small fixes, but I doubt I can find the time to
> do a complete rewrite.
>
> The use of dlmixcloud.com is not ideal. But as mixcloud doesn't offer
> any public way to stream outside of their website/app it is needed. It
> could be possible to handle whatever dlmixcloud is doing natively in the
> plug-in, but I have no idea how often this changes, and it might
> introduce more breakages if the extract algorithm needs to be updated
> constantly. I have thought about using youtube-dl on an AWS lambda/API
> gateway. That would simplify things. But there are also some costs
> involved with that. And actually I have no idea how many people use the
> plug-in, or what hosting of such a service would cost.
>
> @mherger it would be nice if statistics of plugin installs/usage were
> available. Is this something you have, or interested in adding to LMS
> server?

I’m happy to give support for my PR but I don’t know if it works for
others. I have no issues with playback here, with or without a key but
it seems that others have.

LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet,
1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,
Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3