philippe_44 wrote:
> I can confirm that this is the issue on my Windows system. Change the
> following in the ProtocolHandler of mixcloud (in red)

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > use strict;
  >
  > use vars qw(@ISA);
  >
  > BEGIN {
  >     if (eval { require Slim::Player::Protocols::Buffered }) {
  >             push @ISA, qw(Slim::Player::Protocols::Buffered);
  >     } else {
  >             require Plugins::MixCloud::Buffered;
  >             push @ISA, qw(Plugins::MixCloud::Buffered);
  >     }
  > }
  >
  > use IO::Socket::SSL;
  > IO::Socket::SSL::set_defaults(
  >             SSL_verify_mode => Net::SSLeay::VERIFY_NONE()
  >                     ) if preferences('server')->get('insecureHTTPS');

Indeed that works!!!!:D:D:D:D:D Excellent work.

Thanks cortegedusage, bpa and philippe for bearing with me on this, much
appreciated.

Phillipe, in laymans terms, what was the issue and the fix?

location 1: lms 8.2 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1 touch, x1
controller : location 2: lms 8.0 on win 10 brix server, x2 sb radios, x1
duet receiver, x1 controller : alexa mediaserver smart skill, material
android, squeezelitex control