I'm back, and giving it another go... This time, with Alpha 2, I seem to
be getting further - albeit the main issue with me was I believe an
outdated Python install, so I've upgraded to the latest 3.10.1 64bit
release.

Analysis (of those 681 FLAC files) is under way.

It's definitely processing, as my CPUs are maxed out at 100% with
multiple "streaming_extractor_music.exe" instances running.

As you've mentioned the database is cached, I'm presuming that's why I'm
not seeing it grow at the moment - but I'll keep an eye on it. Since you
mentioned a possible issue writing to the DB on the first pass, are you
able to advise a tool I could use to simply query the db file for
content to get an idea what's in there? (I'm presuming a mySql command
or something along those lines is available.) I can then check that for
you and report back.

One thing I have noticed is that there seems to be a problem analysing
files with any accented characters. e.g.

MUSLY_TRACK_ANALYZE_AUDIOFILE FAILED FOR M:\TESTLIBRARY\GORILLAZ\DEMON
DAYS\07-EL MAñANA.FLAC
MUSLY_TRACK_ANALYZE_AUDIOFILE FAILED FOR M:\TESTLIBRARY\GORILLAZ\SONG
MACHINE, SEASON ONE- STRANGE TIMEZ (DELUXE)\10-DéSOLé (FEAT. FATOUMATA
DIAWARA) (EXTENDED VERSION).FLAC

Other than that - it's busy doing something, and I'll let you know how
it goes when complete.