Well, I can't be too sure, but it took about 3 hours to scan those 681
files, and I ended up with 661 in the database. Which confirms it was
just those with accented characters (and variations on the apostrophe)
that were excluded. So as far as I can tell, there were no issues with
the writing of results to the db.

I was also using EAC to extract some CD audio at the time, so the PC was
busy with that too - but all in all, my crude maths suggest that might
take almost 6 days to scan my entire FLAC library, but I think that's
still sounds feasible. (Back in the MusicIP days this seemed like a
never ending task, and my library was much smaller then.)

I then launched the script and picked a track and got what sounded like
a pretty good mix. I've not had chance to explore in detail, but so far
I've not been using the restrict to genre option. I'm not sure what
balance of key/bpm/energy you're using for the mixes, but when I played
a slower track, the following mix seemed similarly paced, and likewise
with a heavier track.

So so far, so good! This looks like an interesting prospect.

Thank you!