streifenleopard wrote:
> I have backed up the ratings of my tracks to Music\Playlists
> Exported\RatingsLight\RL_Backup_20220201-1143.xml
> Music is the standard 'music' folder Synology automatically creates.
> The single entries in this file look like this:
> <track>
>
> <url>file%3A%2F%2F%2Fvolume1%2Fmusic%2FKruder%2520%26%2520Dorfmeister_1998_The%2520K%26D%2520Sessions%2F03_Count%2520Basic_Speechless.mp3</url>
>               <rating>3</rating>
>               <remote>0</remote>
> </track>
>
> How would I restore these rating from the Backup&Restore-window of
> Ratings Light?
> I have tried a vast array of syntax for the path to the xml-file but no
> matter what I tried it always returned an error a la "this is not a
> valid value for restoring..."
You don't *have* to deal with the "correct" path to the backup xml file
yourself. Just use the *browse* button on the right to *select the RL
backup file* and LMS will fill in the path to your backup file. The
actual location of the backup file is irrelevant to the restore process.
RL/LMS only needs the information from that file, no matter where it's
located.

streifenleopard wrote:
> > AF1 wrote:
> > That should work if the file paths are exactly the same.> > No I think the
> > problem might not be the path to the file but the path
> for each single entry and I would have to carry out a
> find-and-replace-operation:
> Changing volume1/music to synology/music or sth like this?
Yes, that's what I was referring to with -file paths-. It's a simple
replace keeping in mind that the file paths are escaped. Just to
confirm, you are moving your LMS from a Synology to a Pi (piCorePlayer),
right?
So let's say the -parent- folder of your music is a folder called
"-music-" in both cases.
On the *Synology* its path was "*OLDPATH%2Fmusic*" (in escaped form a
slash */* becomes "*%2F*" - without the double quotes).
Now you need to know the *path to "music" on your new Pi LMS*. Pick a
random track in LMS and you should find the complete path in its -song
information-. Take note of the path up to where it's identical, i.e. the
-music- folder in your case.
Then just use a plain text editor to replace "OLDPATH%2Fmusic" with
"NEWPATH%2Fmusic". Save and restore. Should work if the paths are
correct.

*Plugin repositories:* 'Ratings Light'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-ratingslight) •••• 'Visual Statistics'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-visualstatistics) •••• 'Use Comment Tag