dunq wrote:
> it's actually successfully doing so (which I don't think was an intended
> outcome of the update? lol)
No, that was intended. I didn't forget about your problem. I found that
one LMS command that checked for existing PLs didn't deliver reliable
results, if at all. So I changed the code a bit.

dunq wrote:
> The SQL warning remains:

Code:
--------------------
  >   > [22-02-05 13:41:41.0925]
Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin::addToRecentlyRatedPlaylist (2119) playlistid =
$VAR1 = 246817;
  > [22-02-05 13:41:41.5488] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning:
[13:41:41.5481] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more
than one row.  SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and
->single at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Schema.pm line 1905
  > [22-02-05 13:41:41.6107] Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin::refreshTitleFormats
(2791) refreshing title formats
--------------------

I guess that's unrelated to RL. Maybe you have an older version of
SQLite installed (-deprecated- seems to suggest as much)?  Mine is
-DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)-. No such errors here. If you can't
find the cause of this I'd say as long as everything works ignore the
warning. It's a warning and not an error.

dunq wrote:
> A question re the plugins-not-watching-each-other situation: I wonder
> why, when I go to the track information, RL's "***" rating display
> *does* know (to some extent?) that I have updated the rating in the
> Material Skin player (ie, the TrackStat rating), not in RL itself. Is it
> just a display quirk?
LMS stores all ratings in the LMS *persistent* database where they
"survive" rescans, even wipe/delete rescans. The LMS persistent database
basically contains the same information (ratings, play count...) as
TrackStat's own/separate database. Today that may seem a bit redundant
but I think TrackStat may predate the introduction of the LMS persistent
db.
*Setting* ratings: RL writes to the LMS persistent database, TrackStat
writes to its own db and to the LMS persistent db. Material just uses
TrackStat *or* RL to set the rating, doesn't access neither db itself.
*Getting* ratings: RL and Material Skin query the LMS persistent db.
TrackStat - I think - gets track ratings from its own db and - I don't
remember exactly - maybe as a fallback from the persistent db.

RL will always display the current track rating found in the LMS
persistent database.
If you use TrackStat to set a rating it will write the rating to its own
database but I have no idea how quickly it'll update the persistent db
(which RL queries). And the display of song information (incl. ratings)
in the LMS -default- skin is not dynamic. You'd have to refresh the song
information to display the current values. But that applies to all song
information AFAIK.
If you need TrackStat keep it. If you're not sure try without it for a
while and see if that works for you.

*Plugin repositories:* 'Ratings Light'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-ratingslight) •••• 'Visual Statistics'
(https://github.com/AF-1/lms-visualstatistics) •••• 'Use Comment Tag