SlimChances;572962 Wrote:
> Thank you for the instructions. One last thing though. At some point I
> will likely replace this computer; is it possible to restore the
> ratings for my library somehow on the new computer? I am not certain
> but I would probably move the Hard Drive with my library to the new
> computer.

You need to make sure you have a backup of the TrackStat data. The
recommended way is to setup automatic backup once a day but you can
also do it as a one time backup in the "Backup" section of the
TrackStat settings page. Automatic backup once a day is configured by
specifying a time and backup directory in the same settings page.

However, TrackStat will only be able to restore if the music file paths
have changed under two circumstances:
1. You have musicbrainz id tags in your music
2. The last part of the path to all music files are the same. For
example, you can change drive but you can't rename the album folder for
a specific album.

If the paths have changed some other way you can always manually edit
the backup file in a text editor and use it's "replace all" feature but
depending on what you have changed that could be a lot of work.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))