macsat;633190 Wrote:
> How do you solve all the dependencies? When I try ti install
> mplayer-nogui from Hardy, I get:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mplayer-nogui:
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libartsc0 (>= 1.5.0-1); however:
  > Package libartsc0 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libcucul0 (>= 0.99.beta13b-1); however:
  > Package libcucul0 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libggi2 (>= 1:2.2.1); however:
  > Package libggi2 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libjack0 (>= 0.109.2); however:
  > Package libjack0 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libmpcdec3; however:
  > Package libmpcdec3 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libopenal0a; however:
  > Package libopenal0a is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on libx264-57 (>= 1:0.svn20071224); however:
  > Package libx264-57 is not installed.
  > mplayer-nogui depends on ttf-bitstream-vera; however:
  > Package ttf-bitstream-vera is not installed.
  > dpkg: error processing mplayer-nogui (--install):
  > dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

--------------------

Use 'sudo apt-get install -f' will install most missing dependencies.
However, there is still a few that is not available in the 10.10 ubuntu
repository.  Download the rest of the needed libraries from here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy-updates/mplayer-nogui
Create a directory and put all these libraries and the mplayer-nogui
package in this directory.
Then remove the partially install mplayer-nogui first by using 'sudo
apt-get remove mplayer-nogui'
Now, cd to the directory containing the mplayer-nogui and the
downloaded missing libraries.
Force install the mplayer-nogui and the libraries.
'sudo dpkg -i --force-depends *.deb'
mplayer-nogui will install sucessfully this time.

--
Honva