bpa;631155 Wrote:
> So it is just the mplayer version has changed ? or did SBS change as
> well ?
>
> Some builds of mplayer had problems with the buffer filling threads not
> dying - I wonder if you have a new symptom.
>
> Have you tried the old version of mplayer ?

Hi bpa,

Thank you very much for the follow up and suggestions.  Finally solved
the problem.  Here is what I have tried.

Tried to install the latest nightly build of mplayer but same problem.

Purged the installed mplayer.  Then manually downloaded the old version
of mplayer-nogui and all the dependencies for the ubuntu 8.04(hardy).
Installed it and now everything is back to normal.  mplayer is falling
back to 2-4% cpu usage during transcoding.

It is off topic but do you happen to know how I could tell my ubuntu OS
not to upgrade mplayer in the future?

Thanks again for the help.

--
Honva