expectingtofly wrote:
> Forgive me for saying so, but I think you are missing the point.  Nobody
> disagrees with you.  However, triode owns the code.  It is his, nobody
> else can amend the code.   Nobody can demand any more from him, as he
> has done everything so far for nothing, with no guarantees.
>
> He has generously made the code available under the GPL license.  So
> what somebody can do is make another version of it, call it something
> else, and amend the code.  They then become the owner of that version.
> Who are you demanding does that?

I've written and published free open source software in the past and
I've supported it, for the RISC OS community. I don't need telling what
is involved in doing so.

I am not demanding anyone do anything. I'm trying to explain what is
needed to keep LMS alive for more than a handful of techies. It's not
really going in I can tell, either that or people like being in an ultra
small niche.

I was looking at John Swenson's player before it got killed (twice),
then I was considering squeeze2upnp to my Oppo 95 blu ray. But given
prevailing attitudes and the current situation, I'll need to think
carefully about any future plans. Given what currently works, Sonos does
everything LMS does except for playing the handful of hi res files I
have.