whitman wrote:
> The audio format of the file-based music I play from iTunes is Apple
> Lossless.
>
> My two Classic players are connected wirelessly. I’ve never connected
> them wired and I’m not sure I have the capability: I think their
> situation would make this tricky.

Since you play Apple Lossless file normally - these are transcoded using
the same support applications as BBC stream - it looks unlikely that
your problem is local system. If that is the case and the problem is
something to do with your ISP , BBC CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) and
BBC source.  BBC uses two CDNs - Akamai and Limelight but the plugins
often only choose Akamai and I think it is not easy to force the plugins
to select a particular CDN just to test to see if it is part if the
problem.

For completeness, I think you should still test the AAC stream as  LMS
handling of streams is a little different to files.

I would also check if you get any problem (e.g. unexpected pauses)
playing Listen Again using a Web Browser as Web Browser still uses RTMP
(although not sure about Safari on OSX) .