bpa wrote:
> I think you need to either make sure you stream is converted to 44.1Khz,
> 2 ch, 16bit le before sending to loopback device (e.g. pipe mpg123
> output into sox and sox output into loopback)  or else figure out how to
> get ALSA to do the conversion.  There are probably other solution but I
> am going on limited info.

Thanks bpa! That worked.

I ended up using 2 loops. I sent the mpg321 output to the loopback
device (substream 0) from which I could mix the output via sox and send
the output back to the loopback device (substream 1) from which I could
then record the output using the WaveInput plugin.

There's probably a cleaner way of doing this, but this was my first
foray into the world of SoX.  Regardless, it works.

Thanks again.