Chris 'BinGOs' Williams wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:59:09PM +0100, Ed W wrote:
Nick Williams wrote:
Regarding the passing of the socket into clientconnected - I've wished for
this in the past, in order to be able to modify TCP options on the socket,
which didn't seem possible in the past... It would be nice if that was
possible to get at this (either via some available API which I just haven't
noticed, or if these patches provide it at clientconnected time).
Indeed - I am toying with using POE for a rewrite of a fairly sophisticated network proxy application over a very low bandwidth connection and one of my initial questions would have been how to get hold of the socket in order to set a bunch of badly documented OS specific options on it (buffer sizes, etc)

Getting hold of the socket object at listen and connect time is very valuable

You have access to the ReadWrite wheel in $_[HEAP]{client}, so you
have access to the socket via $_[HEAP]{client}->get_input_handle

Since this is all theoretical to me at this stage, then this sounds just fine to me!

Ed W