On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 07:09:28AM +0100, Stephane Tougard wrote:
> I do not even imagine my life without procmail, I use it since 20 years,
> it's kind of basic Unix tool, documented and used everywhere ...
>
> Is it not possible to find a new upstream maintainer for such an
> important piece of art than just try to bury it ?
>
> I would do it if I was anything near good enough to do it (I'm not).

Code (no matter how old) riddled with security bugs should be removed
if nobody steps up to fix them. Philip doesn't want to step up. I don't
want to step up (I still use procmail at the moment but I'd rather look
for better alternatives). You don't want to fix the code either.
Nobody else raised their hand...

I don't think there's a discussion to be had. The same happened
to userland ppp and other software with similar problems.

Even if we remove procmail now, if someone comes along later and cares
enough to properly fix the code it may come back.