2009/11/15 Jeremy Bowen <jer...@smartpoint.co.nz>:
>>> I'm running Postfix v2.5.6 which I compiled myself from unmodified
>>> sources. (postconf -d appended below)

I don't seem to have the original for this, perhaps the thread got
broken somewhere, but gmail shouldn't have lost it. Anyway, you need
to post the output of `postconf -n` (settings that are non-default) -
read the help, it tells you that -d shows the defaults, which are
useless for diagnosis. I'm not sure where people get this from...

>>> I have a small server handling 5 domains and I'm having trouble with one
>>> of my virtual domains wrt recipient verification.
>>
>> Why you even use address verification, if all users are on local machine?
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that one domain is used for a few mailing lists
> handled by a mailman installation running on a separate server. This is
> handled by an entry in the transport file.

That sounds like that domain is a candidate for classification as a
relay_domain. Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but is that
how you've got it configured? If you don't change too many settings,
you generally already get recipient verification for designated
"local" domains.