On 11/15/2009, "Eero Volotinen" <eero.voloti...@iki.fi> wrote:
>  virtual_mailbox_domains ($virtual_mailbox_maps)
>               Postfix is final destination for the specified list
>               of   domains;  mail  is  delivered  via  the  $vir-
>               tual_transport mail delivery transport.
>
>That domain is delivered via smtp, not via:

No. I think I've confused you with the different domains.
1) Mailing list domain is a relay domain. Behaves correctly. External
verify
2) Problem domain. Virtual domain. Locally handled. Verify via upstream.
3) Other domains. Virtual domains. Locally handled. Verify local.

>virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

The problem domain is (should be) handled by lmtp.
Other identically configured domains are handled by lmtp and appear to be
doing verification correctly.

There is something different about one domain which causes it to send
verification upstream.