Mark Goodge put forth on 1/22/2010 11:07 AM: > It's not the fault of > Spamhaus, Google or Postfix if people don't RTFM.
I'll give you that. I'd been using zen for years, and sbl-xbl for years before that. When I changed my resolvers to Google from my current provider's (for performance reasons, and not just my MX), I didn't go to spamhaus.org to check and make sure it was ok to do so. It never dawned on me that there would be a problem. I guess because I'm not a dns monkey (not a racial slur, think training monkeys) it just didn't occur to me that there would be a problem. The most interesting part about this, actually, is that when I switched my resolvers back today, I found Google was apparently blocking them also, Centurylink's dsl customer resolvers. This happened within the past 3 months. I don't know what the reason is, but I doubt it's based on query volume given that these resolvers serve residential and small business dsl customers. They were working fine before I switched to Google resolvers. I think it's working again now, though I'll have to wait and see, given my mail flow and the fact that zen and postgrey only get table scraps, and not many at that. ;) -- Stan