Hi!

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
> On 8-Feb-2010, at 17:34, Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa wrote:
>>
>> 100% of the servers I have access to, have,
>> at least once in the last year, been scanned by a bot (or person, who
>> knows) for /roundcoube or similar
>
> And? I have thousands of servers trying to access my machines via sshd every
> single day. This does not mean sshd is insecure.

SSH bots are "brute force" attempts.  It means nothing about the
security of ssh itself.

> How many servers have you had be compromised by roundcube installs?

I don't use roundcube. So: No.

> (I have had a server get compromised from Squirrelmail, awstats, and phpbb in
> the past, but none from Roundcube and all were exploited because I did not
> update software quickly enough.

Usual cause: lack of updates, the question is, sometimes: the response
time to get the issues solved.  The thing is: I'm currently avoiding
roundcube, for the same reason why I used to avoid bind: bad security
history.  It looks like a really promising project, and if they "keep
up the good work", they will become a really, really good webmail
system, and not just "nice", but also secure.