Charles Marcus put forth on 2/1/2010 4:17 PM:
> On 2010-02-01 4:05 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> My Roundcube package is currently up to date, and it is a standard
>> Debian package:
>>
>> [02:21:52][r...@greer]/$ aptitude show roundcube
>> Package: roundcube
>> New: yes
>> State: installed
>> Automatically installed: no
>> Version: 0.2.2-1~bpo50+1
>
> Eh? 0.3.1 is the current version, so how is 0.2.2 'up to date'?

The current discussion relates to keeping security patches current.

http://www.debian.org/security/

All security flaw related new code is back ported and stable versions patched.
You seem to be of the mistaken impression that one must have the latest 'release
version' of a software package to have the latest security patches.  This is not
true of any *nix distro or Windows for that matter.  Heck, M$ is still sending
out security patches via automatic updates to Windows 2000 machines (until June
10 apparently).

If there is a security flaw identified in the version of Roundcube I'm running
(or any package), at some point a patched version will be made available in the
security repository.  Automated or manual upgrades via apt or aptitude will pull
down the patched package and install it.

--
Stan