Thanks Andy.

I still believe that if I can adjust the first part of my script to PM's
syntax, it would work.

Maybe I am asking just too complicated of what I need.

It's just 2 things:

how do I define a variable, e.g. called theText
and how do I copy a PM selection into that variable so I can pass it on?

I get to the point of having PM's selection copied but then I get AS
error of the variable theText not defined. Then I try defining that
variable and then again it won't copy what I want... going in circles.

---marlyse

------------ former message(s) quotes: -------------