Marlyse,

I've got plenty of those books as well. Unfortunately never enough time
to really get into them.

I've taken the script you sent as the solution and changed it to include
my suggestions. I tested it and it seems to work. All you have to do is
call it with the message selected. Obviously it has to be a sent message.
If that's what you want enjoy. ;-)

Andy

<AppleScript>
on run
 global theName, theEmail
        scheduleCall()
end run

on scheduleCall()

        tell application "PowerMail 5.0b12"
                activate --not really necessary as you're already in PM
         set theMessages to current messages
         repeat with msg in theMessages
   set theText to sender of msg
   set theName to display name of theText
   set theEmail to email address of theText
         end repeat
        end tell

        tell application "iCal"
                activate
                set callist to my get_cal_titles() (*get cal titles*)
                set selectedcals to (choose from list callist) as Unicode text
(*do
menu with cal titles*)
                set theCal to first calendar whose title is selectedcals
(*identify
selected cal in iCal*)

                set theItem to (make new todo at end of todos of theCal)
                set summary of theItem to "eMail " & " " & theName --(the
clipboard)
                set url of theItem to theEmail --the clipboard

                activate theItem
                show theItem
        end tell
end scheduleCall

on get_cal_titles() (*gets a list of strings of calendar titles*)
        set list_of_cals to {}
        tell application "iCal"
                repeat with aCal in calendars
                        set list_of_cals to list_of_cals & (title of aCal as
string)
                end repeat
        end tell
        return list_of_cals