There is an item called  Mail2iCalTodo1.2.scpt at:

<http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?
user=gklein1&templatefn=FileSharing1.
html&xmlfn=TKDocument.1.xml&sitefn=RootSite.xml&aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en>

You might find the code useful. Works with Mail.app, but places the item
on the date in iCal that corresponds to the date of the message.

hth

Bob

Marlyse Comte [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent the following at 1:00 PM on
4/28/04