Jérôme

The theory (and it could be an erroneous one) is that the filter gets run
every time new mail arrives -- since when new mail arrives PM
automatically runs all filters in order (until it gets a positive result
for one that has the "No more filters" box checked). I was hoping that it
would act on the messages in the folder since they were originally
incoming messages, without being selected -- after all, I don't manually
select mail as it arrives to have filters act upon it.

But I can see a flaw in my logic. If that was going to work, then another
problem would arise: any previously filter-filed messages that I'd
subsequently decided to put somewhere else for any reason would get
whipped back to their filter-designated location every time new mail arrived.
That doesn't happen, so I have to assume that my new filter won't work either.

Bugger.
Rick

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.3.2  ::  PM 5.0b12  ::  3 pane mode