At Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:33:03 +0100 (CET), Rick Lecoat
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Jérôme
>
>The theory (and it could be an erroneous one) is that the filter gets run
>every time new mail arrives -- since when new mail arrives PM
>automatically runs all filters in order (until it gets a positive result
>for one that has the "No more filters" box checked). I was hoping that it
>would act on the messages in the folder since they were originally
>incoming messages, without being selected -- after all, I don't manually
>select mail as it arrives to have filters act upon it.
>
>But I can see a flaw in my logic. If that was going to work, then another
>problem would arise: any previously filter-filed messages that I'd
>subsequently decided to put somewhere else for any reason would get
>whipped back to their filter-designated location every time new mail arrived.
>That doesn't happen, so I have to assume that my new filter won't work
either.

>Bugger.
>Rick

...which brings up an old request of mine: The ability to use time
scheduled filters. We now have a very powerful selection of filter
actions -- couldn't exactly the same set of conditions and actions been
used for time scheduled actions as well? I don't know nada about
programming, but a third option (besides "Filter incoming messages" and
"Filter outgoing messages") where we can choose "Fridays at 12.00", "Once
a month", "Weekdays at 4.00" etc would be absolutely great!!

Max G