Rick Lecoat [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 4/27/04 at 17:12 stated:

>Yes, I could use Cron to send a message that would activate an
>applescript via a filter to delete the appropriate messages, but that
>seems a VERY long way around the houses -- especially to someone who has
>zero knowledge of Cron or Applescript -- to accomplish something that I'd
>hoped to be able to do using PM's own functionality.
>
>Rick

Yes, Rick it's a kluge in the grand sense. But, AppleScript does have the
ability to globally store values that remain persistent, so it's possible
(not easy if you don't know AppleScript, but still possible) to have a
date "stored" compare the dates and if it's greater than X number of days
remove the appropriate messages. However, you're absolutely correct it's
not the easiest or best way to do it, it's simply one way to accomplish
the goal. If you are so inclined, you may want to look at the AS
archives. There is a Delete Aged Messages script that should do what you want.

BTW, today I learned why I have never before attempted to write an
AppleScript for Microsoft Word (other than I don't use it much). I was
asked to see about grabbing a certain part of text from a series of
documents. Looking at their dictionary I couldn't see how the footer and
header were assigned to the document. So a quick search through the
Internet found several examples, turns out you must use Visual Basic
calls within AppleScript. Now, that's the long way around the house!

Wayne

--
All human rules are more or less idiotic.
- Mark Twain

Live DAT & Music Page: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/
Wayne's Music Calendar: http://ical.mac.com/wayneb/Music
PowerMail AppleScript Archives: http://homepage.mac.com/wayneb/powermail.html