Moritz Majce said it like this:

>I have got a really annoying problem with power mail (v. 5.5.3):
>
>whenever I open the "new message" window the email address input field
>is displaced to the left so that I cannot see the email address when
>typing. when I close the window and (re)open a new one the problem
>disappears. (see screenshot: problem.jpg)
>
>what can I do about this? I do not want to switch to apple´s "mail" but
>I cannot work properly with this bug..

OS X version? Any haxies installed? Hardware? Display size? More than
one display? Does the problem remain if you switch user?

I have never seen this bug, so please upload a pic to a photoservice or
your own site so that we can see what you're talking about. It's much
easier to advice when we know what your talking about.
Mikael

Tech facts:
PM 5.5.3 Swedish | OS X 10.4.5 | Powerbook G4/550Mhz | 1GB RAM | 80GB HD