Rick Lecoat ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I have found that deleting the account from PM means that any messages
> that were retrieved from that account no longer have an account
> associated with them (which makes sense). But I don't like having
> 'holes' in PM's information database -- that sort of thing can only
> cause trouble if PM looks for some info that it expects and it isn't
> there. So before deleting accounts  A, B, C, D & E I've been amending
> them to be associated with account X. The only way I could find to do
> this was to set up a filter and run it manually on search-for results. A
> bit of a fiddle but worth it because now I don't have any messages with
> the 'account' part of their info left blank; they all reflect the
> correct new accounts.

I suppose an AppleScript could do the job, but honestly, I wouldn't
bother. As far as I can tell (and I've deleted a couple of obsolete
accounts so far), PowerMail can deal with account-less mail just fine;
it doesn't really expect this link to exist. And the account link
associated with an archived mail isn't terribly important anyway -- I
mean, as long as I can still tell that some mail was sent to a certain
obsolete address of mine, why should I care whether that mail was
retrieved via the account once associated with that address? The only
use of that info (that I can think of) would be that I might want to
reply to that mail using the same account. But if the account doesn't
exist anymore, there's no reason to even try.

- Michael

Michael J. Hußmann

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de