On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Derek M Jones <de...@knosof.co.uk> wrote:
> What I am trying to say is that Lindsay might only design a language
> that is intuitive to his declarative memory.  When he gets to
> use it in practice he might not find it intuitive at all (ie, his
> procedural memory might not get on with it at all).

got it. yet another axis/dimension along which to contemplate the
subjective intuitiveness of a programming system, along with things
like overarching model, syntax, edge cases, unrestrictions (e.g.
reorderings), etc.

(as an aside, i find doing unit testing helps me transition from the
declarative to the procedural memory style and clean up the feature i
just wrote. (no, i don't yet do full tdd all the time.))

sincerely.