lindsay.marsh...@newcastle.ac.uk said:
>  "intuitive" is either an empty description or one that is so
> highly personalised as to be meaningless. It falls far more
> into marketing than science.

You've hit the nail on the head, Lindsay. This is why I ask
people how they will measure intuition. Not simply as academic
'sage advice' for PhD students, but to draw any thoughtful
person's attention to the fact that a different question would be
more useful.

I've still spent more years in industry as a pragmatic engineer
than I've had as an academic, Andrew! (just).

Alan
--
Alan Blackwell
Reader in Interdisciplinary Design, University of Cambridge