Alan,

My own experience, based on recent investigation with a grad
student to compile more evidence for his claims regarding
complexity metrics (in this case Harrison's entropy-based measure
rather than McCabe) was that the closer we looked at the measure

I think that information content is the way to go.
Of course there are a few major problems such as different people
seeing different information contents in the same code and
just because the information is there does not mean
that readers will extract it (they might be tired or
overloaded).

--
Derek M. Jones                         tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                 mailto:de...@knosof.co.uk