Thanks Israel - will read with interest.

So that measure might provide a good basis for cognitive
comparison in the way that Chris and I were proposing.

By the way, we need to keep in mind that there are two sources of
entropy that seem to get conflated in discussion of program
metrics:

A) the entropy in the program itself (e.g. graph of control structure,
data structure, type structure etc)

B) the entropy in the programming tools being used (language
syntax, execution model, libraries etc)

The Arbuckle paper you've recommended is related to the first of
these, not the second (as far as I can tell).

Alan

--
Alan Blackwell
Reader in Interdisciplinary Design, University of Cambridge