> I think that information content is the way to go.

Absolutely. So the Harrison paper is "An entropy-based measure of
software complexity" from IEEE Trans Software Eng, 18(11)
1025-1029.

That paper might be a good starting point for a discussion of
what would be a meaningful information content measure in
comparing software source code.

--
Alan Blackwell
Reader in Interdisciplinary Design, University of Cambridge