On 2/23/11 8:24 AM, Johannes Raggam wrote:
On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 10:50 -0800, cewing wrote:

Maurits van Rees-3 wrote:

This says that with the standard installer you still get a
buildout-based setup.

For non-developers that probably is a better start; they will get a
standard buildout setup and can tweak the buildout.cfg for minor changes.

precisely.  Thanks, Maurits.  That's exactly what we are trying to say.  Can
it be clearer?  Nicer?  Sure.  Any suggestions as to how??  Let me know.

thanks for clarification! maybe we can add something like "if you are
not a developer, than...". well, next time, i'm working on the
tutorial-article where i want to use ZopeSkel, i'll think of something.

As someone who has hated this message since day 1, I'll take a stab. How about just a few minor changes and snips like this:

**   *** NOTE: This template is for developers.

**  If you just want to install Plone, the preferred way to get a
**  buildout-based setup for Plone is to use the standard installer for
**  your operating system (the Windows installer, the Mac installer, or
**  the Unified
**  Installer for Linux/Unix/BSD). These give you a best-practice,
**  widely-used setup with an isolated Python and a well-documented
**  buildout.

Alex

,,,johannes raggam

Alex Clark ยท http://aclark.net/help-me-help-plone