From: ProfoxTech [mailto:profoxtech-boun...@leafe.com] On Behalf Of
Wollenhaupt, Christof
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2016 04:37
To: profoxt...@leafe.com
Subject: Re: PROTECTING YOUR DISTRIBUTED CODE (was Re: Using a common class
from another EXE/DLL)

> Can you elaborate on that?  Is that because of the binary storing in
> VCX files?  Would that also apply to SCX files too?

long version: http://foxpert.com/docs/security.en.htm

*TL;DR:*

SCX files are a bit more difficult, but not by much. The approach is the same.

SCX and VCX are opened in the system data session when you execute them.
Code injection allows you to copy those files out of the running application.

Code in the OBJCODE is never encrypted. Clearly visible when you look at the
help file for the COMPILE command and the
ENCRYPT option.

The report designer is always the easiest. If you let the user modify reports
try this in your EXE: Open the report
designer, right click to open the data environment, right click to add a file.
Pick Other. In the file open dialog enter
the name of a VCX or SCX file that is embedded in the EXE. The name must be in
quotes. You will see the file being
available in the report data environment.

--
Christof

multipart/alternative
  text/html