On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Ricardo Araoz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stephen Russell wrote:
>> A web app has the power of change.  Quick change, across the world
>> with very little impact on your infrastructure when you do.  The
>> ability to add another language allowing your app to open up another
>> market is easy in a web environment.
>
> As opposed to difficult in a desktop app? C'mon!

Changing 50,000 desktop apps across 15 countries?  What if your change
was in 2 new GUIs and 15 biz rules?  Your site will have to pound out
new EXE delivery attempts.

>> CSS to control the look of your site is fantastic.  Making a change in
>> that layout will save you from hitting every form in your winform
>> system.
>
> You mean as in using classes and inheritance or composition?

I would say composition in the fact that Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
is a simple mechanism for adding style (fonts, colors, spacing,
images) to Web documents.

It is not inheretance and is client based, so it is download once and
reuse as needed.

--
Stephen Russell
Sr. Production Systems Programmer