> If you want a ChangeLog containing only the messages for the main
> trunk then you can include the options ``-r -b'' in the rcs2log
> call in Makefile.devel.

I think this is a fine solution.  We haven't used branches much (partly because
they are a mess in CVS), and the idea is that they contain experimental
developments before being merged back in, the history on the main trunk should
be what's most relevant to most users/developers.

Makarius's Mercurial mirror provides a nicer way to browse changes anyway.

I am keen to use a more modern distributed system but it probably means
choosing an external provider rather than trying to get the University to
provide yet another semi-supported tool that works at the beginning and then
rusts.  Sourceforge is the most likely candidate.

- David