I'd recommend Savannah (either as a GNU or a non-GNU project).

interesting idea, good choice of VC systems there, not just bzr

Which reminds me: it would be nice to include PG into the GNU ELPA (a
package archive from which Elisp packages can be installed conveniently
via package.el).  If you agree this is a desirable goal, then we'd need
to track down all the non-trivial contributors to get them to sign some
copyright assignment.

I agree it would be nice and I wrote a package.el target a while ago (untested though). It would also be a good exercise to clean up/assign copyrights clearly -- although I'm not keen to do that myself, 8-(.

 - D.