David,

Doctex doesn't chose a font, it just generates LaTeX commands for the formal text and any font changing is up to the rest of the document (that you provide in the =TEX sections of the .doc file).

It does generate tex for the HOL and ZED paragraphs which is intended to force the layout in the printed version to follow the layout in the source, which tex would not normally do, so I guess the ffslides package is interfering with the way that works. The formal text is translated into tex using an environment GFT which is defined in ProofPower.sty, but its beyond my tex expertise to understand how it works or why ffslides is interfering.

It is possible to get slides made with ProofPower formal text in them, the tutorial slides in the ProofPower distribution are examples of how this can be done, though the method used for them is probably rather ancient by now.

Roger