David,

Looks like one problem for you is the way you are processing the latex files.

There is a ProofPower manual, USR001, called:ProofPower - Document Preparation <http://www.lemma-one.com/ProofPower/doc/usr001.pdf> which tells you how to process ProofPower files for printing (or to .dvi files). Rather than converting to .tex and then running latex on the tex file, you should be using docdvi, which will extract the .tex file and run it through LaTeX for you.

I could not check this out for you because I was still short of a style file pstricks.sty so I can't be sure that would work for your document, but you should try it yourself
and see how it goes.

Roger