David,

The ProofPower environments use \obeyspaces to persuade LaTeX to honour the
spaces
in ML code etc. The ffslides package is doing something that is stopping
\obeyspaces
working properly. A quick fix would be to edit the .tex file (lab.tex in your
example) to replace
spaces between \begin{GFT} and \end{GFT} with tildes.