On 2014-05-21 20:57, Luis G.F wrote:
> Is your decission, but in my modestly opinion, allow unencrypted
> gmail.com connections is dangerous for the jabber network. If you allow
> this with gmail.com, sooner or later you will allow too facebook.com or
> any other, you will always be a slave from others. Is better for your
> users, teach thems to use other jabber service.

The problem is:
a) They no longer care about federation and are slowly breaking it. If
we isolate from gtalk, they won't care and they won't fix it.

b) The majority of my contacts use google's xmpp. This is probably
true for almost everyone else out there, since their userbase is simply
colosal. We can't just stop talking to that many users.

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera