Who let this person on the list without doing the initiation rites!?!?  ;-p

I wouldn't take it personally, these lists are voluntary.  I've posted the
most innocuous questions to some other lists, and they took on a life of
their own.  The flip side is your case...  everyone checks it, then doesn't
have an answer, or thinks someone else will answer it, or both (moi).

I can't think of a 'stub removal' method, offhand, I know I pretty much do
it by inspection.

Oh by the way, do you want chesse with that w(h)ine.  ;)

Duane Foster