So finally the problem was sitting in front of my PC: ME !
It is not sufficient to copy the "vendorXYZ.ddb" into the
.....\Library\Sch\ folder but I had to open the "vendorXYZ.ddb"
database and to select and export all simulation models to a path
.....\Library\Sim\vendorXYZ\ .
After opening the "vendorXYZ.ddb" you can find a readme.txt
which tells you all the details.
Up to now everything works fine.

Thank you for your help

Cheers, Tom