I have experienced the reverse problem with exports of DXF's from Protel. I
officially learned, Protel's exports do not like arcs especially in
schematic symbols, user created. Otherwise, PWB exports seemed to be ok.
Dang... when your larger format stuff must be printed with a plotter almost
from the tube era that only responds to the ogre (ACAD)

ACAD seems to be a rather complex entity in it's rule's association. I am no
expert on this, but I believe there conditional options that are
configurable. Why not throw the DXF at Protel and see what they think.

Fabe