Brad Velander
Lead PCB Design
Norsat International Inc.
#100 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
V5C6G9.
voice: (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
fax:    (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: TSListServer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Ian Wilson
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 1:25 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Seems Protel has broken DXF Import in
99se?

On 12:36 PM 8/02/2001 -0800, Brad Velander said:
>Hi all,
>         has anybody had problems with importing DXF into P99SE SP6? I am
>unable to successfully import a DXF this morning into P99SE, the first
>attempt since switching to 99SE.

I have had on-going issues with DXF import and I have done it maybe 50
times over the last couple of years.   But I haven't tried SP6 in anger -
tried a few difficult DXF files this morning and it seems to be better than
previously (and the metric/imperial setting works).

I have heard that importing into Camtastic and saving and then trying again
in sometimes Protel helps.

Arcs were a real issue (any large radius arc is likely to not import even
though it has centre and endpoints in the 100"x100" positive quadrant. (I
will usually use another CAD package to explode arcs into suitable small
line segments.)

I usually see missing entities but rarely stuff scattered about.  The DXFs
I am importing are usually just lines and maybe arcs.

I can't recall, does P98 have DXF export?  As well as saving the P98
version you might like to try exporting as dxf and then re-importing into
P99SE.  Can you make a DWG file and see if that imports?

Ian Wilson