Michael,

Just to make sure this is not the problem.

A common mistake when using the global edit to update fields like the
Footprint field, or Part Field values... basically any property that has a
{} in the Copy Attributes field for changing text fields.

The thing to keep in mind with the {} is that they should only be used when
you are doing a global edit using a comparison, where only part of the
string will change.  If you just want change the value without comparison
then you need to remove the curly braces{}.

To Change ABC to BAC you could do the global edit a few different ways.
here are two.

Attributes to Match by = ABC (* could also work here... as long as you are
sure this will not find AB in any fields matched that you do not want to
change)
Copy Attributes = {AB=BA}

OR

Attributes to Match by = ABC
Copy Attribues = BAC  <---Note NO curly braces{} because I do not care to
make a comparison... I just want all parts with ABC in the chosen field to
change to BAC.

I hope that helps.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com